Fighting inside out.

( mental awareness month)






angry voices keep screaming
am I awake or am I dreaming,
these dark thoughts living torture
dark liquid my only friend
where are the ones suppose to nurture,

cutting deep into warm skin
trying to set free darkness from within,
no light to save me
only demonic fearing dark shadows
hiding in my broken soul,

I paint a fake smile
the only way to get away from questioning eyes
when phrases of -I am fine- turns out
as how many times I lied,
cuts proof of loud smothered cries

proof of my war
behind my closed door
fighting inside out
invisible faces only I can see
fears and nightmares

crawling underneath my
caged bed,
thoughts of insanity,
questions to her dark eyes
hiding inside me;

- is this only in my head?-
covering my ears
pitched screaming leaving me scared
am I better off dead?
tired of a never ending (war)

as I cut deeper trying to silence her torture
A magical gypsy screaming
madness my only fortune
dancing covered in red
as the dark liquid is fed.

dancing covered in red
as the dark liquid is fed
Feeding off my fears 
I hear her demonic laughter
as my body lay limp
the crazy girl is dead

A living nightmare is over
another war lost
no more torture
darkness has a new friend
the crazy girl is dead.


Copyright:  Bernadette Barnardt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog